A mystery to be solved (and prizes to be won)

You may ask yourself, just what the heck is going on here? That’s a good question. I was going to tell you, but I thought it would be more fun to let you guess. Tell me your guesses in the comments section by July 6, 2011. They’re will even be prizes – original drawings to the first 10 correct answers. So put your thinkin’ caps on.
UPDATE: I now realize that because of the way I slap-dashed this contest together that I can’t put the guesses in the comments section until after the deadline. That’s to prevent anyone from copying an existing guess…or something nefarious like that…which would never happen anyway. So, even though you don’t see anything below, please keep sending in guesses.

Advertisements

21 Responses to “A mystery to be solved (and prizes to be won)”

1. 1 Andrew Shuping June 29, 2011 at 1:23 pm

your wife is taking off and moving it to keep a pet or the kid from getting into it. either that or squirrels. they’re the culprits for everything

2. 2 Alexander Danner June 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm

My Guess: Baby follows Mom into the bathroom and starts unrolling the toilet paper. Mom puts the paper up on the tank to get it out of baby’s reach. Dad has no idea this is going on, and keeps putting TP back on roll, much to Mom’s later frustration…

3. 3 Gretchen June 29, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Mamma is baby-proofing in response to the little man has finding a new favorite game! 🙂

4. 4 AmyRuth June 29, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Here’s my guess —

The kid has learned to unroll the toilet paper roll. You lovely wife has figured out the way to avoid this is to take the paper off the roll. Unfortunately she neglected to tell you of her brilliant plan.

5. 5 Katie Hart June 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Hmm… maybe baby, who I am sure is much more mobile these days, will find himself in the bathroom, and what is more fun than pulling on the toilet paper just to unroll the whole thing? Then your very smart wife, who I am sure catches said adorable child at it, moves the TP to the back of the toilet where it is out of reach! Am I close?

6. 6 Melissa June 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Hmm, my guess would be the wife keeps putting the roll back on top of the toilet to keep an adventurous baby from doing the ol’ TP Grab-and-Pull. As a mother to a grabby baby who started crawling last week, I imagine I’ll be doing the same thing soon… 🙂

7. 7 Chris June 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Baby pulls the toilet paper, perhaps have dropping it into the toilet bowl, flushes and away goes all the paper! Whee!!

8. 8 Allen Brady June 29, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Hmm… clearly the missus is removing the roll, and isn’t telling you about it, ’cause she likes messing with you. My first thought was that this was to prevent the urchin from playing with it and unspooling it, but he’s surely too young for that, isn’t he?

Otherwise… Paranormal Activity 3?

9. 9 Janelle June 29, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Boy plays with TP. Mom puts it out of reach. Dad replaces it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

10. 10 Merideth June 29, 2011 at 7:53 pm

You replace the toilet paper roll, and your takes it off?

This happens in my house a lot with the roles reversed 🙂

11. 11 Marek June 29, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Hmmm, somebody seems to be using the roll of paper for something. Possibly a cleaning-related task? Or a sport?

12. 12 Alex June 29, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Hmm… Son is playing with the toilet paper, and so your wife is placing it on TOP of the commode where it will be less reachable by young hands? And you have only recently been clued into the scheme?
    Either that, or the more obvious answer: Leprechauns. Leprechauns with stilts.

13. 13 Billy (aka siatabiri) June 29, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Someone(baby)’s learning that pulling the endless roll is fun! And someone else is moving the endless roll out of the first someone(baby)’s reach. This also happens with cats, but the roll on the toilet lid does not stop the antics as well with cats as with babies.

14. 14 christoph June 30, 2011 at 8:42 am

I guess your little one is knowing his way to the cool pullable roll o’ paper and your wife is rescuing it from being fully unrolled and is putting it out of reach… that’s how it would be at our place 🙂

15. 15 wrdforwrd July 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

i think the wife is putting the tp out of reach so that baby won’t pull it all over the house.

16. 16 Jennifer de Guzman July 4, 2011 at 12:58 am

I’m guessing that the baby kept unrolling the paper so your wife moved it to the top of the toilet where he can’t reach it but didn’t tell you.

And as the mother of a toddler, I can tell you — that tactic will only last so long.

17. 17 Kr. P. C July 4, 2011 at 9:11 am

He has a pet beaver (?), and the beaver like to brush zas (his/her) teeth a lot.
    The medicine cabinet is behind the toilet, and zis (he/she) has to put the toilet paper on the top to reach the tooth brush.

18. 18 Jeanine July 7, 2011 at 12:14 am

A lesson is being taught, in which we are learning to put the roll on with the paper coming _under_ the roll instead of over?

19. 19 Marek August 22, 2011 at 12:32 am

Okay, I vote for the beaver explanation, based on the elementary scientific principle of “Occam’s Beaver.”

20. 20 Jim Reynolds February 8, 2012 at 10:21 am

I KNEW IT!! This exact thing happened to us just the other day and I was overwhelmed by deja vu. At first I went with the obvious explanation, you know, past lives or something, but then I realized it was probably in this strip. Bravo, sir.

21. 21 Violet de Besche June 11, 2012 at 11:28 am

i think that jocelyn was moving it so ben could not get it.